Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Toys

While in Victoria last weekend, we took the opportunity to pick up some 'essential' outdoor equipment:) Back and forth comparison shopping I swear we went to MEC & Capitol Iron 6 times...but what's new! We also ate at our favorite spot 3 days in a row...Ferris' Oyster Bar...if you haven't gone yet...go.



MEC loved me as I picked up bike shoes, trail runners, a new pack and every flavor of Clife Bar that they had. I am working on a Clife Bar review at the moment and will post my findings once I have munched my way through this mountain of Carrot Cake and Chocolate Peppermint...




And Brad finally got his secret fish finding weapon...a GPS that triples with road, topographical and marine chart maps. This, he promised, would ensure we would be eating more prawns and salmon than ever. And it actually worked...a 20lb Spring turned up for dinner yesterday!!




We had a great time playing with our new toys on a fantastic trek at Mt. Work park near the 'dump'. Hours of entertainment...easily entertained?


S

1 comment:

Indigo Eve said...

Where would we be without the ability to be easily entertained? New toys are great :-)

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
(Laura Ingalls Wilder)

Tara