Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Blog #2


I enjoy starting my day by checking my favorite blogs and looking for stories that kick start my inspiration for the day. Right now I am constantly checking these two great blogs for updates:


BC Bike Race- if you have not already heard about it- is the newest and biggest multi-day staged mountain bike race in BC. Every day for 7 consecutive days, riders complete 80-150kms of trail, logging road and single track as they make their way from Victoria to Whistler. Today the racers arrive in Cumberland and will be crashing at Village park tonight. I plan to head out there this afternoon and watch some of the fastest riders come in...


MOMAR- Mind over mountain adventure racing. My next race is in 3 weeks *yikes* so I am searching the blog for any details about the course to help me prepare. Time to seriously get kayaking and biking again after all this crazy mountain running for Kusam...more to come on that in my next blog...


Ok...so where was I...after the ELM West Coast retreat we made our way back to Victoria from the 15th to the 18th to be with my family and celebrate the life of Grandma Lily:) While in Vic we spent hours on end strolling through Beacon Hill Park- a special park that I have many memories of from my childhood. We spent many hours and days and summers in the different corners of Beacon Hill Park and each time I return for a walk, new memories are stirred. Now I know this is supposed to be a blog about my 'fitness adventures' but I had to post these pics from the petting zoo...
Who can resist this KID baby goat? or this extreme extrovert Mr. Peacock? The best part was the 'goat stampede' which takes place at closing time as we all herd the goats back to the barn for the night. I had never experienced anything like this...Go Babies Go!


Cheeky...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love "Cheeky" - nice one!