Thursday, August 28, 2008

Holidays a day away...


Jen digging in hard on her hill run...


Well I am down to my final day of work before heading off for 2 weeks of surf, sand and SUN? Regardless of weather, we are looking forward to our annual camping trip to the north island and our house has been converted into a staging area filled with food and 'toys'. You can still reach me with any questions about our fall programs until Friday afternoon- so please feel free to email or call me before then. After that I will be truely out of touch - no cell phone, no computer, no nothin... All you need to know about our fall programs is online : http://www.elmhealth.com/ and you can contact Arran by email after September 2nd if you have any burning questions: arranelmhealth@shaw.ca .


This has been a great week and I have been pushing my workouts in anticipation of a couple of rest weeks ahead of me. Once I return from the beach there is only really 1-2 weeks left before the MOMAR so this has been my chance to squeeze in some decent training. Since the Alberni half marathon there has been lot's of bike rides, lot's of bike climbing, plenty of high intensity resistance training (Tabata anyone?) and a couple of great trail runs. All in all a fun couple of weeks of training and now my legs are so ready for a break!



Laurel pushing hard up the final crest of the hill...


I had a chance to spend time with fitness mom and babes today! Starting first thing this morning, Jen and Laurel worked hard during their final partner training workout- as Jen is moving east next week:((and will be seeking out new adventures. Jen's little guy Nate joined us and supervised the workout...thanks for your help Nate!


Nate supervising mom...


Pure love...adds 20lbs to Jens ab workout too!


Then it was over to the Comox Marina Park to visit with the Baby Bootcamp crew. These super moms never cease to amaze me! Your determination and strength are very inspiring ladies! And the babies are so entertaining- it is great to see moms getting their pre-baby fitness back while spending time with their little ones. Way to go ladies!

ELM Instructor Rae Walsh leads her Baby Bootcamp recruits...


Side planks get that pre-baby core back into shape...

Didn't skipping used to be fun? Now it is hard work and great exercise!

Hill + Ball + Lunges = One excellent leg workout!

And last but not least...Noah! Rae's assistant instructor and cute as a cabbage patch son:)

Cheers!

Sarah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for 5 months of fabulous workouts Sarah! We couldn't have done it without your expertise and support. I went to put my pre-pregnancy black pants on for my good-bye luncheon today and they are actually a bit too big!!! Great photos as always!

The Selman's said...

Great photos Sarah! You totally rocked that lighting this morning! Thanks for the great session. Count me in for the Cumberland run. I've got to keep some goals in mind and I'll try to get the Yummies to come too!

Sarah said...

Hurray for big pants! Way to go Jen and Laurel- you have worked your butts off this summer!
S

Sarah said...

Hurray for big pants! Way to go Jen and Laurel- you have worked your butts off this summer!
S

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend,

Please update your blog. It has been a 20 days now. I miss your updates :)))

Pascale