Monday, December 22, 2008

Cruise Pics





Hurray!  Our luggage just arrived after 3 long days with my only mini toothbrush and flipflops:) I have been enjoying long snowy walks through Beacon Hill Park, along Dallas road and into town (borrowed my Uncles size 12 boots and 70s ski jacket:).  Walking is about all the fitness I have been able to achieve without my pack full of clothes.  But tomorrow I hope to get a run or spin in- I wish I had x-country ski's down here!!  

The cruise actually allowed me to follow my training program pretty closely as there was a cardio equipment stocked gym and the best part...an outdoor 400m track on the 14th deck!  I did interval training on the track while watching the sun rise out of the sea and set the Baja on fire with golden hues.  I also pulled off some longer workouts with a combination of treadmill running, spinning and rowing in the gym on the colder/wetter days at the start and end of our cruise.  SO weird to run on a treadmill while the boat is rolling over huge swell!  And it just about killed me to run for 30 minutes on the treadmill.  It took every ounce of mental focus to keep running and not push the stop button.  I can run for 5 hours in the bush and up mountains but 30 minutes on the treadmill was complete and utter torture!  I am so lucky to live in such an outdoor paradise- the Comox Valley.  Miles of forest paths and endless scenic vistas that make 'exercise' more like 'paradise'.  

The Christmas lights and decorations are up...the holiday tunes playlist is ready to go and tomorrow we will get our Christmas dinner shopping done before the rush.  I am looking forward to a few days filled with friends, family and Christmas spirit:)  

Cheers!
Sarah




No comments: