Sunday, April 26, 2009

HURRAY ELM WOMEN!

CONGRATULATIONS to the crew of 18 ELM Women who raced in the TC 10K today in Victoria!

It was a perfect morning for a race and I was lucky enough to wake up about 50 feet from the start line - at my sisters home. We awoke to the frantic and exciting sounds of race morning...pitter pattering feet...whispering nervousness...and obnoxious race mc's.


When the gun went off a stampede of spandex and singlets charged straight at us out of the gates! Our annual 'running of the bull', my sister and I enjoyed the rush of the racers as they ran by...creating a flurry of cherry blossoms in their wake!

Then came the ELM Women...ALL SMILES and Hi Fives! Whoohooo! Our gigantic sign caught their attention but mostly it protected us from the hoards of racers who were trying to move ahead by cutting up onto the sidewalk. My other sisters chihauha nearly had a heart attack as she witnessed her first TC10K:)

I just checked out the ladies times and they are all STELLER! Congrats to all the racers on a job well done. You deserve a trip to Lulu Lemon for sure! (well I went for you anyways:)

RESULTS: http://www.raceheadquarters.com/tc.php

Congrats to the team:
Korky
Karen
Naire
Kim
Joli
Janice
Marina
Jen
Emma
Debbie
Cathy
Kathy
Kirstine
Leah
Marieke
Michelle
Tilly
Ingrid

Pictures to come tomorrow (and my own post-race report from Hammerfest:)
Cheers!
SS

No comments: