Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love

It really is that simple:)



Hola Amigos!

I am back from holidays and now I am in desperate need of some rest! The 7 day Christmas cruise with Grandpa and all the grandaughters was crazy-ridiculous-fun and I was totally exhausted by the end.


I managed to stick with my running program on the ship as it had a full gym and outdoor running track on the upper deck. Awesome views during my runs up there! I was missing my bike and the beautiful west coast forest like CRAZY by the end of my holiday, however:)


I will post a video of the track at the end of this blog fyi:)


After the cruise I was home for a day then we flew off to Kelowna for the Christmas holidays. It was SO relaxing and fantastic to come down to earth from the insanity of the cruise. I had some great runs in the hills of Knox Mountain park and finally got to put my 'subzero' sugoi running gear to the test! Minus 10 and FREEZING! I had my speedskater hood AND a toque on and could not feel my chin:) Crazy cold there...don't think this Island girl would survive an entire winter out there!
Now it is back to my wonderful reality.

Having a moment to pause during holidays gives me some breathing room and allows me to take stock of what I have and where I am in this crazy life. I like that.
I am getting stoked for 2010 and you can bet I will have some New Years thoughts to blog about over the next few days...
Back to work this week...but a short week will allow us all to ease back into things:))
A HUGE thank you to all of you who voted for me in the 2009 Get Out There Magazine People's Choice Awards! I am still flying high on your praise:) Thank you thank you for your amazing support!
Cheers!
SS


Running at sunrise on the Royal Caribbean 'Mariner of the Seas'...

No comments: