Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Day In the Life: Monday

I often wonder how people spend their days at work, at home or at play. I would love to see pics that show a 'day in the life' for a surgeon, a lawyer, a supermom, a farmer, a pro-triathlete etc...

So, on that note, I am trying to remember to carry my camera everywhere I go this week so that I can give you a snapshot of my week and how I spend my days. For me every day is fun...every day is challenging...every day is full of variety...every day is full of people...computers...nature...mud...and fun. So, here I go...

MONDAY
5am the alarm sounds as it does every day...coffee and breaky then onto the computer until 7:15 to catch up on emails from the weekend and prepare my client programs for the day...

7:30-8:30am Vanier Track with my first clients of the day - small group training. We kept under cover and stayed dry while the rain pounded down on the tin roof above us...


9-10:30am Trail Run and outdoor strength sets with girlfriends Audrey and Lynn at Seal Bay Park...




Home for a quick shower then back onto the computer until lunch. I always take 30 minutes for lunch at home every day. This keeps me so much happier then the days I would try to eat lunch in the car in between appointments. I prepped dinner during my lunch break today- roasted a pan of veggies for lasagne tonight.
In my office until 1:45pm... working on projects-entering client data, creating new programs, updating programs, prepping for the new session of SCORE, updating Membership data...etc..., putting out fires - my fax/answering maching is messed up, registered for my CPR recert...I can't even remember all the things I cram into a couple of hours on the computer but it can be intense!


2pm: Client home visit for a Body Composition Analysis- Pre-Bootcamp fitness testing.
2:30-3:30pm In home Personal Training in Comox overlooking the ocean...
3:45-4:45pm In gym Personal Training session at the Comox Rec...
...forgot my camera for those sessions...
5:15pm: Home to make Lasagne from the ReBar cookbook...took WAY too long...won't try that one again...I LOVE this cookbook and never have anything bad to say about the recipes...but this one was EPIC and I was too hungry and too tired to enjoy the 'journey':))
But it was REALLY good...

7:30 in bed reading...8:30 asleep...YUP, that's right...see you tomorrow...
SS



No comments: