Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday- final (phew) weekly post

I am bored of myself at this point in my little day by day blogging experiment. So I can only imagine how thrilling this must be for you...don't worry it is almost over!

I went to upload my photos today and got the error message: over quota! No more photos for me! I deleted a few and made some room for these pics of my Sunday. Not sure what I will do in the future...will have to go through and start deleting all my old blogposts I suppose...OR -gasp- pay to get more space!

Sunday:) Who doesn't love a Sunday? What is NOT to love about Sundays? My mission is always to keep Monday OUT of my mind and live purely in the Sunday moment...

7:00am up and at em...yes this is my natural get up and go time. Putter...read...news...coffee...breaky...pack for biking...

9:30-12:30 I started riding a half an hour earlier today so I could get a few more minutes of Z1 bike training in before hooking up my with Rat buddies. I rode around the Tomato creek lower trails and the Bears Bait trails for 30 minutes before joining the group at 10am at the Dam. Up we went. I can't tell you how HARD it is to stick with my Zone 1 Bike training plans on a group ride:) I love that the Rats always ride UP then down...but it is killer trying to keep my heart rate down on those climbs!

Up B21...Down 2 Sheiks...Cable Hill...Cliffe Ave...Rocky Road...Johns Trails...and back...
3hours for me was all I needed and the rains started coming down right when we got back to the cars.

It wasn't my best ride, that is for sure. I mean some days you got it and some days...well this was one of those days I suppose. My body felt great- no fatigue at all. But my brain was foggy and it didn't feel like all the cylinders were firing...no spark...no zip...absolutely no mojo.

It was slippery and slimey and we were on open rock for much of the downhill. That is what got me...I didn't trust anything. The one word that kept creeping into my head was 'regression'. Not very helpful so of course I would punch it out and replace it with 'progression'. But I was only lieing to myself based on my performance!

At one point one of the guys in the group who I don't know all that well looked at me and said:
"You aren't riding with your usual...enthusiasm". It was written all over my face!

In the end I was just happy to make it back to my car without any scrapes or wounds:)

The best part of the ride were the people today. That is for sure. Great people. Great conversation. Great smiles:)

And Terry brought Turtles chocolates for after the ride. Actually, THAT was the best part of Sundays ride:)


Up through the lovely slash of B21...Bryan Tasaka have you seen the carnage?? Luckily for you there are a gazillion new trails out this way!



Time to put on the jacket and pads...and munch on a Sarahbar...



Bushwhacking with your downhill bike for nearly a km...not sure about that one...


The 'tank' safely tucked into my silver bullet and home bound just as the sky opened up with rain!

After the ride I spent some time doing chores at home and I finally got the SCORE video to work (so you can go there now and buy your own copy anytime...) then I got supper going before heading out to the sauna with Brad.


I tried another new ReBar recipe and was yet again a happy customer. I am actually doing a bit of a ReBar challenge right now- working my way through my favorite cookbook of all time. Tonight was split pea and lentil soup (full of yummy indian flavors) with Focaccia...YUM.

Sauna for ever...good long stretch...

Dinner

Read, relax...bed...

Are you still reading? I am SOOOO Bored of my life! It has been a gas peeps but I am happy to say I will never torture you with the day by day again. Better to go live your own life than to have to endure the play by play of mine. Oh but I forgot to tell you what I do in the shower and in what order! Maybe...

Here is something a little more interesting to sign off with.



And speaking of some days you got it...


Pascale and I came across this young guy on Tomato Creek last Friday...
After watching him fly down the trail I have been filled with visions of myself doing the same. Funny how that didn't quite happen on Sundays ride...
Check it out...

He's got it.


Adios.

No comments: