Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

Here we go again!




5:00am...you get the routine!

Although I do wake up to the sounds of the coffee pot, I must admit I am only a wannabe coffee drinker. I am actually a tea person but I got into the habit of adding a little coffee to my baileys this winter and now it just seems easier to drink Brads left over coffee in the wee morning hours than to make a pot of tea only to run out the door with it still full.


There is no way I can drink coffee straight up. Yick. And I would be like a spinning top after 1 full cup- all shaky and sweaty and freaky. Now if you are a coffee drinker/lover than please don't read this next line because it will appall you. I put 1/4 cup of Brads strong organic brew in my mug and then fill the rest with boiling water, then finish it up with a bit of whole organic milk
for colour. Barely coffee and just perfect at 5am!











I actually have been misleading you in another way also, when I say I have coffee first thing. There is a bit of a ritual that happens ... as we all tend to have in the wee hours to make sure that everything gets done before all cylinders are firing...



Feed the cat...TESU (japanese for 'trouble') she is jumping on my head by 5am and screaming at me by the time I get to the kitchen so she is impossible to forget...





The FIRST thing to hit my stomach every morning is a BIG glass of filtered water. mmmmm.



The SECOND thing to hit my stomach every morning is a heaping teaspoon of chlorella mixed with a 1/3 cup of pure grape juice. I accidentally picked up the powdered version of my usual capsules last time I was at Edible Island grocery...and man oh man was it hard to get down at first...until I figured out that grape juice eliminates the raw seaweed on the beach after a storm odour. I don't promote or sell any nutritional products but my personal experience is this with chlorella: I haven't been sick once since I started taking chlorella last March...and my nails and hair grow at an alarming rate...twilight zone...chlorophyll...or?



Doesn't THAT look appetizing?





The third thing to hit my stomach is that watered down brew of coffee and hot water...



The final thing is a bit of breaky to get me through teaching my morning class - today it was a banana dipped in natural peanut butter.



5:55-7:20 Sunrise Bootcamp in Courtenay- we had one of our 'urban assault' workouts where we took off downtown to make the most of the Filberg staircases and the Sid Williams Courtyard...



Cathy Rowing....



The crew pushing through their circuit... JUMP DIP STEP PULL PUSH!!







HOLD ON to that table top...





7:30-8:45- Home for breakfast - Bobs Red Mill and blueberries! Get organized for my day: client program prep, put out any email fires, plan my tasks for the day...



9:00-11:30 - Personal Training clients....



In the Gym...and In Home...













I noticed the bulbs are sending up shoots! Maybe it IS really March and not January! It sure feels like it!







12-12:30 LUNCH Squash soup and tuna wraps:)



12:30-2:15pm...Computer Projects: Still working to get the SCORE video ready for download...there are a few steps: upload, edit, update and upload to online store, update ELM store with info, buttons, preview clips...



Go to the ELM homepage for a sneak preview of our first video session! We have a few kinks to work out in the shot angle for next week - but this will give you a taste of our SCORE workout! Check the site links Friday and you can download your own SCORE video right onto your computer and get started on your home Core and Stretch program!



2:30-5:00pm Personal Training Clients....Driving my little silver bullet all around town...listening to Fiest, Iron & Wine and the Great Lake Swimmers...love it...



5:00- Home for a quick change into my running gear then off to the Comox Marina Park for tonight's Need for Speed class!



My eyes were trying to close around this time...I pack alot into my days and go looooong on Thursdays. My Thursday night N4S group keeps me motivated and my energy revvs right back up once I meet up with them!



5:30-7:00pm Need for Speed! Tonight we did a different workout for the group...we combined a typical track VO2Max interval session with a mini strength circuit and threw it out into the real world onto a 1 block loop that included a short climb and fast descent.



The goals: Turn over your legs and feet as fast as possible. All out leg speed....just like a hotrod! Run for 2 minutes all out. Mark your spot. Recover for 4 minutes BUT complete your exercise sets during this time (EVIL) : start with 5 reps then each lap add 5 reps until you have completed 4 or 5 sets. Aim to meet your original distance during every speed interval...



JUMP SQUATS!



POST Run Smiles! We did a nice cooldown and long stretch out on the Marina boardwalk, above the ocean, surrounded by views of the coastline and all those twinkling lights...





The end of a great workout...







7:30- Home for Dinner! My 13plus hour day has come to a close...time to RELAX. I am pretty much completely on E by this time each week. I choose to teach/work 10-13 hour days M-TH so that I can have Friday to run my business - no classes, no clients, just everything else that a business owner does...



9:00- Time to hit the sack with my book and giant mug of peppermint tea...



I am reading the Celestine Prophecy again...read it many moons ago but it found its way back to me and so, I am finishing up the last chapter tonight...not sure if I can keep my eyes open long enough tonight to make it happen...




Seeya Friday!


SS

No comments: