Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Great Saturday Run...

Last weekend, while pushing through snow and burning quads at the YETI snowshoe race, I was thanking Liz for dragging me up Red Rotor and other fab mountain routes over the past couple of months...

Yesterday I was cursing her every step of the way.

JUST KIDDING!

You know I love this stuff:) But my legs were tired from a good hard week of 'playing', Z3 intervals and back to back solid training days. And so, our run was not about PRing to the top...instead it was about working on mental strength, mantra's, form, and external focus/distraction techniques. Eventually....after around 1.5hours...we made it to the top...3900 feet. And when I finally got there...Liz was doing push ups and had been waiting for me for 5 minutes. Cow. I mean- Mountain Goat.

The beauty of mountain running is all summits mean that you have to come back down and that is where my need for speed is quenched and my legs get to unleash their true potential. LOVE the downhill...and fair is fair I get to make Liz work on the way back down.

There is always time for photos on any mountain run and this Saturday was no different...enjoy!

Our route c/o Liz's Garmin...cool angle!


The top of Red Rotor at the log jam...



The view from 2 Sheiks...



The old Cabin where Cabin Fever meets up with XC...




Queen of the castle!


She drives a car to match her hill climbing speed...


More pics to come...

No comments: