Friday, March 19, 2010

Off to the Big Smoke

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
I am officially starting a weeks holiday tomorrow and OHSO looking forward to some unstructure in my life! I like to work hard but I love the reward of playing hard after.

Tomorrow I am off to the Big Smoke for all things biking - repeating a similar weekend a few months back.

Saturday I will be completing my Lactate Test on the bike with
Peak Performance in Vancouver. It is time to see how all my training has shaped my fitness, specifically if I have managed to bump up my Z1 and Z3 thresholds on the bike. In addition we will check on my Z1 threshold on the run to check that it is also going the right direction (up!). This information will be extremely helpful in assessing the effectiveness of my training program and will provide input on how to shape the next block of my plan.

In order to find out all this fun-stuff I must endure some not-so-fun stuff. Going to complete exhaustion during a bike test is not pretty. Luckily there will be a few exercise physiologists and fellow kinesiologists there to catch me if I fall.

Sunday I am joining fellow NCCP Cycling Coach trainee's for the next phase in our certification process- skills and tactis on the Mt. Bike. Should be a fun day with great people.

Sunday night I return home on the boat...then reconfigure my gear...before heading over to Power River to start our Sunshine Coast adventure! 1 week camping on the coast and checking out everything it has to offer...can't wait!

SPRING PROGRAM REGISTRATION is on now! Don't wait too long to sign up for your favorite Fitness Adventure with ELM! Classes start up again April 12th, and you can find all of the clinic details on the ELM Website... check it out and see you soon!

Cheers,
Sarah.

No comments: