Monday, July 18, 2011

Week in pics


Happy Monday!


Another fun filled week has flown right by and once again I find myself back at my computer on a lovely, grey, Monday morning. Here is my week in pics!

Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of teaching my summer Orienteering 101 & 201 courses down at Nymph Falls Park, Courtenay. Another keen crew of students soaked up the ins and outs of map reading, navigation and race orienteering. All of my students in this class are MOMAR Cumberland bound and I know that they will have a huge advantage in the orienteering sections after fine tuning their nav skills! Good times!

And if you want to have a go at the fun sport of Orienteering check out this event::
Victoria Orienteering Event:: Comox, BC:: Saturday, July 23rd...more info...



I managed to squeeze in a mega strawberry picking session down at Ashberry farms last week- haven't had much time to do my annual pick this year! The berries are so good, so juicy and completely drug free:) I like to support this small, family run, local farm - this year especially, our berry farmers are suffering so get down and pick a pail before they are closed for the season!

These berries need to be processed the same day- so it was a double batch of home made strawberry jam that night!



Adventure Running 2::3 kicked off last week and we have been exploring the awesome trails of Cumberland once again. We are sooooo lucky to have such passionate and dedicated trail builders in this town who spend countless hours, days and years building and maintaining our huge trail network. THANK YOU to the builders!



Above the waterfall on lower Thirsty Beaver...









I wonder why they named this trail Thirsty Beaver? There are WAY more pics on the ELM Facebook page so head on over there to check out the awesome trails, bridges and running shots!


Our
Womens Hiking Clinic also kicked off last week and we have been enjoying cool summer weather for our evening hikes. The wild flowers are unbelievable right now and this is an upside to the rain for sure:)


Up Up Up above the Comox Lake Dam for a great view of the Lake and the cabins across the way in Cumberland











Our Sunrise Bootcamp crew is working hard AND having fun this summer as usual! Sure you get push ups for cheating, whining and being late...but you get to play with your recruits and always have time for a laugh too:) Here they are last week, playing 'circle tag' to get fired up for their workout.


This past weekend we went to the Okanagan for a whirlwind trip...Friday to Kelowna for a family visit...Saturday in Kamloops for a fantastic back yard wedding...back to Kelowna that night...then back to the island on Sunday! 3 days and 23 hours of travel time... I have never done that trip over a regular weekend! But it was well worth it as I got to join my good friends Jen & Corey for a very special 'back yard garden party' wedding along with all of our close friends from Rapattack. So fun!


I am in taper mode for a big event this weekend...which might now be cancelled due to crazy snow! Stand by...


SS

No comments: