Friday, May 2, 2014

Coconut NRG Bars: Chocolate or Vanilla?

I have a confession to make.

I promised you the recipe for these melt-in-your-mouth coconut bars last week on the ELM facebook page.



And... 

I ate them so fast I have no idea what I put in them ;)  Hee Hee.

So, here is the guesstimate recipe...really, that is what 'playing' in the kitchen is all about anyways, right?  A bit of this a bit of that...

I will just have to make them again to find out if this works...or you can let me know!

Coconut NRG Bars:
1.5 cups dried, unsweetend coconut (I used flaked)
.25 cup pure maple syrup (made them REALLY sweet for me- maybe sub in some water or juice?)
2 tbs virgin coconut oil melted
.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbs cocoa powder and 2 tbs chocolate chips for the chocolate version:)  
I also threw in a few figs to balance out the extra 'dry' ingredient (cocoa powder) in this version.   Add a bit of water if needed to bind everything together.  Mixture should be moist

Combine well in a food processor then press into a pan and refrigerate for an hour before cutting. 

Enjoy!!

No comments: