Saturday, January 23, 2016

Recipe: Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies



Happy Saturday!
It is time to make some power packed cookies to fuel your adventures for the weekend!  Thank you to ELM Super Coach Kathy Penner for sharing the original Hollyhock recipe, which I have reworked to create my own, based on what I found in my kitchen this morning-hee hee. 

These cookies are full of natural ingredients, allow for 101 variations and they literally took me 5 minutes to mix up while I was waiting for the coffee (Brad) and tea (me) to brew this morning.  I am posting this recipe while they are cooking in the oven!  You can find all of my favourite whole food recipes in my cookbook NRG: Foods that will move you!  Download your own e-cookbook today!


Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
Makes 2 (small) dozen
Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Mix dry in a small bowl.  Mix wet in a large bowl.  Mix together and fold in additions.
Drop in small spoonfuls onto baking sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.

1 cup ground almonds (you could use spelt or any other whole grain flour here as well)
1 cup ground oats
1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup melted coconut butter
1 cup natural almond butter (or any nut/seed butter you like)
1/2 cup maple syrup (yum!)
1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup whole oats
1/3 cup whole almonds
1/3 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit like sour cherries!)
1/3 cup dark chocolate

Enjoy your weekend...and your cookies!

SS


No comments: